Thursday, August 30, 2007

Find a job continues ...

It's week number seven in my search for full time employment. As a full time parent on a single income, it will be great to get back to work. Oh wait! I am working, I'm just not getting paid handsomely for it. I do have some work each week, mowing grass, cleaning house, providing taxi service, grocery delivery, and pet sitting. As for the paid part of my work, I've been fortunate enough to have earned as much as $70.00 in a weeks time blogging. One of the two businesses who offer opportunities to earn money for writing about the things you love, has been producing more work these days. This is a good thing.

As for the job search, I've completed nearly forty applications, have had four interviews, one essay interview, and a typing test. One of the companies had several applicants for the same position, participating in a series of steps in the choice for the right applicant. First everyone was to drop of their resume, followed by a fifteen minute interview with hiring personnel, then given an essay test, and finally an interview with the owners. It was an adventure, and it appears that none of us were what they were looking for as the job is once again posted on the job boards.

No wonder they say, finding a job IS a job!

No comments: