Wednesday, August 8, 2007

30 days and counting ...

Just one month ago I found myself looking for full time employment. Nothing has changed in that regard ... wait the phone is ringing ... YES! An interview for Monday at 11:20 a.m. with a company I delivered a resume to just yesterday! Thank you Hazel! (That's the lady who hand delivered my resume to the proper party.) The position applied for is that of Admin Assistant with a health systems company. Hopefully my experiences in office settings will prove to be adequate for this position. It would be much closer than my last place of employment; 8.8 miles in comparison to 37.7 miles one way. The cost of gasoline has really put a squeeze on things having to drive 377 miles a week; it took over $225.00 per month to get to and from work alone. If we needed to go anywhere else, like the grocery store, I'd do it on the way home from work to save fuel. Not that I minded, but it would be nice to work closer to home. So, keep a positive thought wave coming my way next Monday!

No comments: