Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What causes blurred vision?

Yesterday as I awakened to the sound of silence; the kids had already left for school, I meandered into the kitchen for a cup of coffee. The cats were circling my legs looking for some breakfast, the birds were gathering in the backyard for a meal in the freshly cut grass, and the crew at the local news station were all hyped about the 2008 hurricane season's predictions for the Atlantic Ocean.

As I sat down at my computer with my cup of coffee I gazed at the television to see what was happening with Hannah, the latest storm to be headed up the east coast. I squinted at first, then gently rubbed my eyes, but my vision remained blurred as if I had some kind of gel in them. This has happened before, so is it aging? My oldest daughter and her husband have both had Lasik eye surgery, and both were successful surgeries. My daughter went through a period of having to hydrate one eye more than the other but it seems like such a small price to pay for clear vision.

Today my eyes are clear again, and I'm not sure if it was allergies, stress, fatigue, or something else causing less than perfect vision. One thing I do know, I'll be scheduling an appointment soon with my eye doctor and physician to see what is going on with my eyes. Keep your eyes, I mean fingers crossed it is something easy to repair, and that my vision remains crystal clear.

No comments: