Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Please, Merci!

In today's economy more and more of our clients are coming into our office to get copies of their federal returns in an effort to qualify for medical care at the Merci Clinic. They aren't the only ones effected by the economy, even some of us at our office are earning less than what it takes to support a family and to have medical coverage. That someone is me. All of the other women in our office either have husbands with medical benefits or they have ex's carrying them on their insurance for the time being. So, today I spent the better part of my day at the clinic. I have to say that the staff was wonderful, the doctor took his time answering my concerns, and they made you feel important. It's a shame that for the most part, medical services that are paid for lack the qualities of subsidized care. All I can say, is that I hope to be able to give back the way this staff and doctors have to our community.

No comments: