Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Brrrrrr ....

It's autumn, and boy is it chilly outside tonight! When I arrived home after work today the sun was still shining, so I decided to mow part of the 1.5 acres of grass surrounding my home. The task went a lot easier considering my boyfriend's neighbor fixed my mower this past weekend. I managed to mow nearly half the yard before dark, so Ryan will have to work on it tomorrow after school before the winds and rain move in later in the afternoon.

As I sat outside on the deck swing I began to shiver while chatting with my boyfriend on the telephone. After my body had cooled down from mowing the evening air seemed to have a real bite to it. Yes, autumn has arrived in eastern NC. Not only has the temperature dropped, but the leaves are also beginning their seasonal change from green to various shades of yellow, gold, orange, and red. Though some dislike this time of year, I relish the thought of cool nights, a cozy fire, a glass of red wine, and my sweetie to snuggle up with under a throw while watching a great movie.

This season also brings with it the aroma of fresh baked pies like pumpkin, apple, and spiced pear! We made good use of the pears that our employer's father gave us by preparing spiced pear cobbler ... mmmMMMmmm ... tasty indeed!

What's your favorite thing about autumn?

No comments: