Monday, January 21, 2008

Thankfulness

Today was the onset of our work week hours from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and some of us were asked if we wanted to go home early. It was just an hour, and I was still trying to regain my strength after a long week last week and a busy Sunday doing household chores. This week is supposed to be a 71 hour week, so the idea of getting an early out was fine.

When I arrived home we threw together a quick dinner and then it was time to get busy with my evening job. Though I get paid to blog about the things I love, I also blog for personal reasons. It is very therapeutic to be able to sit down and put together your thoughts in writing. These past two months have been stressful to say the least. If not for the special angels in my life they would have been much harder to wade through, and to those people I want to express my heartfelt gratitude!

For those angels in my life who listen to my stresses, who listen to my frustrations and never tell me to get over it, who listen until I feel better all the while redirecting me with laughter; thank you, I hope you know how much I love you and appreciate all you do. For the angels in my life who listen as I pour my heart out, who listen to my many trials in parenting, who have been there done that and understand my pain, who laugh and cry with me; thank you! For those angels in my life who hold me when I need a hug, thank you!

Though these stresses were tempting to vent about tonight, I realize that I really do have a glass half full, not half empty. I have people who love me with all they have, who share a special place in my heart, who love me unconditionally. So, I have lots to be thankful for, and this isn't about all the wrongs that often times try to pull me down. Instead it is about gratitude expressed to all of the people I love most in my life, to all of the people who share a smile, who lend an ear, who care about my children and me, and to those who encourage me to greater heights ...

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs from da 'burg. Take care and hang in there!