Sunday, January 27, 2008

Are You Green?

In an effort to help keep our earth a bit cleaner for generations to come, my family and I have been recycling all of our plastic, tin, aluminum, and cardboard packaging instead of adding it to our garbage can. At first the kids teased me about being green, but if we all continue to bury trash that does not decompose, how will that effect our landscape? Now I know that some may take this argument to extremes, but all I am saying is that if there are simple things we can each do to lessen the pile up of these items underground, then, why not?

A friend of mine told me the other day about a website that offers green products and how they are helping with the goal of making products more earth friendly. So, I checked the website out and found lots of interesting information, from news to products I never would have considered as being "green" for both personal use and for improving one's home. One of them was earthen flooring, yes I said dirt! I wonder how long it would take my teens to sweep up that floor?

No comments: