Thursday, September 27, 2007

Blogging Against Abuse: Stop the Abuse 09-27-07

Today I join in support of an important cause with hundreds, perhaps thousands of bloggers who will "Blog Against Abuse." Hopefully the information and experiences that we contribute will inspire and move others to a better state of mind concerning abuse. As a victim of child abuse myself, I made a vow to stop the cycle in my lifetime, and for the most part have succeeded. What I failed to recognize was how the abuse I suffered as a child would effect my choice of partners in life.

So try as I might, I could only protect my children as much as I was aware of what was going on around us. Mental abuse is so much harder to see than physical or sexual abuse. It starts out slowly and eventually leads to the others if not confronted early on. Once reality set in though every effort was made to correct the situation to include counseling and eventually divorce. It was the only logical decision in order to give our children a better quality of life.

If you or someone you know is being abused, in any manner, please seek professional help. Each of us deserves to have the best in life, so don't settle for less. You can make a difference by choosing to stop the cycle of abuse in your life. Remember we are all ultimately responsible for our actions; may we choose the right thing to do in any given situation. Patience, compassion, forgiveness, and love, use them often and wisely.

Helpful sites:
Personal Safety, Self Defense, Confidence: KidPower TeenPower FullPower International
Child Advocates, Inc.

No comments: