Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Troubleshooting Jumpy Monitors

My coworker's computer monitor at the office will often twitch like a nervous or stressed muscle. After performing some troubleshooting, we thought we had narrowed down the culprit. It appears that the video card could possibly be to blame for the jittery monitor screen. Since the computer is a fairly new purchase it should still be under warranty. In an attempt to narrow the field even more, I mentioned the problem to Eddie (our computer guru) who suggested we try switching out monitors. This could eliminate the video card as the core of the problem. I'm sure Eddie would rather it be the monitor as he seems swamped lately. Between one of my bosses and myself, we have the resources to solve most of our computer problems. When computers are vital to the livelihood of your business, it's important to keep them functioning properly. So I'll have to give Eddie's suggestion a try first thing in the morning.

You know, it's nice that I am able to do all of this techie stuff, but it would be even nicer if I could earn what Eddie does per hour when working on our computers. I'm working on it! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.