Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Brother!

Join me as we journey back in time to the year 1960. It's is Sunday afternoon and my mother is at the hospital while two of my brothers and I stay with one of our relatives for the weekend. We are all anxiously awaiting a call to find out whether or not we are adding new brother or sister to our family. I'm wanting a baby sister, and my brothers don't seems to care one way or the other. As I sat playing with my favorite monkey "Zip" the phone rings. It's my mom with news of our newest sibling ... it's a boy! My brothers cheered as I sighed, there would be no little sister for me. :( When he came home, we all welcomed him into the fold with lots of love. Though he was not a girl, he was mistaken for one many times as a young child, and no wonder, he had the most beautiful blue eyes, and curly blond locks of hair. Today he is one of five siblings, four brothers and a sister, that's me! :)

"Happy Birthday" Steve! Thank you for being a part of our lives, and for sharing in our adventures as a family!

No comments: