Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Happy Anniversary, Indeed!

Around 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning I woke up and started my day by cooking two cream cheese quiches for the my daughter and her husband, Ryan and Jenn for breakfast. I had to be at work by 12:00 noon, so I had no time to waste. Lisa got up around 10:00 a.m. and helped finish putting in the second quiche as I got ready for my day. As I headed off to work I noticed that the three youngest were still in bed. It must be nice to sleep in. ;)

Lisa (my oldest daughter) and Steve (her hubby) are down for the weekend in order for Lisa and Jenn to spend some time together for her birthday. As I arrived home after work, Ryan's friend was over and wanted him to come spend the night, and Jenn, Lisa and Steve were headed out for the evening. Since everyone was going to be busy for the next 24 hours, I asked them if they minded if I made a surprise trip to see "Mr.D" in celebration of our 5th anniversary? Everyone wished us a "Happy Anniversary" and waved goodbye for the day.

I had planned on making a surprise entrance but decided to call ahead to ask if "Mr.D" was busy for the night. When I told him I was able to come for a brief visit, he was as excited as I was to be able to celebrate our anniversary together. At first he asked that I pick some wine and bread for the meal, then he called back and said he had to go to the store anyway so he would get what we needed for dinner.

I stopped by a store near the house to pick up an anniversary card and small gift. When I arrived just a few minutes later he greeted me with a huge hug and kiss. As I looked into the room, there on the dining room table was the most beautifully set table, complete with candles, a dozen roses, and a card. My heart just melted!

We had a romantic dinner, danced to Diana Krall, and celebrated our love for each other!

Visits like this definitely make the distance seem so much shorter. ;)

No comments: