Sunday, October 5, 2008

Grand Champions

Last night Jennifer, her cousin Ashley, the entire marching band and color guard competed at a high school in Edenton, NC. Since finances are so tight I stayed home while Ryan attended the competition with Ashley's parents. At about 8:15 p.m. Ryan called to tell me that they had performed the best show ever! Shortly after his call, my sister-in-law called to let me know that the band had not only placed first in drum major, visual effects, general effects, music, marching, and over all, but they won the prized award of "Grand Champion". Fortunately my brother filmed their performance and I'll get to see it tomorrow night; I can hardly wait!

Next weekend these "Grand Champions" will compete in South Carolina, and we wish you all the best of success!

No comments: