Friday, February 22, 2008

Ouch, that hurts!

It's hard to imagine having to work your health and dental needs around a tax refund, or around a single parents budget, but one does what one needs to do. Recently, my son had to have a root canal and crown on one of his molars. He was too sweet to offer to have it pulled, in opposition to paying nearly two thousand dollars to keep his tooth. He had offered as he knew, that I too needed to have a tooth worked on, and though I appreciate his valor, he is too young to start losing his teeth.

So we set a plan in place, got his tooth fixed and mine will be fixed on Tuesday, provided I can stand to wait that long. For the time being, the doctor put me on an antibiotic and pain killer, so my blogging has been a bit sparse with the medications trying to take effect. I should be back in the swing of things as soon as the pain subsides. For now I'll try and relax, or at least concentrate on how to get some sleep in between the ouches!

At least for now, the only thing that is ouching is my tooth; the budget is yet to be bitten. ;)

No comments: