Monday, February 18, 2008

Oh Cable Man, I need YOU!

All right, this makes twice now that my parents have purchased cordless phones for us and twice that lightening has struck them dead! No, this time I at least get a dial tone amidst the sound of crackling and a sudden busy signal. Once you pick the receiver up you cannot hang it up, you have to unplug it from the wall and plug it back in to get a dial tone.

Why is this a problem? Well, I have a DSL connection that comes in through a filter so that we are able to utilize our phone at the same time. The storm killed the filter, and caused the cordless to loose some of its functionality. It appears I'll not only need a new DSL filter but a new cordless too! So, where's a cable man when you need him?

If I recall correctly, I once visited a site which carried HDMI cables, along with a multitude of other types of cables. Praise the cable man, they also have a DSL line filter with one plug and two jacks (one for the phone and the other for my DSL). I could just kiss that man right about now! I'll wait until I've received my new filter, then perhaps a kiss in the wind will have to do. You think?

No comments: