Monday, July 9, 2007

Finding a New Job

If things happen for reason, the when one door opens another one opens. For months now our company has seen a sharp decline in business due to the loss of it's largest customer. At first I thought we were doing great, but as the months passed I knew we were in trouble. Two people had been hired after me to help in customer service and within weeks were let go. I don't think I could have continued to work there either as often as one of them was asked to leave from day to day because we were slow. Then this spring and into the summer, the boss would hint as to the necessity of trimming back our hours. She suggest that perhaps we could take alternating days off each week, then perhaps us working from 12:00 noon until 4:30 p.m. since most of our active customer base was in the western part of the United States, then she change our hours of operation from 5 full days to 4 full day and 6 hours on Fridays. We loved the early out on Fridays, but wondered what the next cut would be? I found out today, so I am back in the market looking for a new job.

No comments: