Thursday, February 15, 2007

Update: Protecting Our Teens from Online Scams

On February 11th I wrote about my son's adventure with BMG Music Service. I took the time to visit their site, read their membership terms carefully and then send them a "Feedback" message explaining the situation regarding the "Urgent Messages" my son had been receiving. He is a minor and I requested, since their site does not disclose any mention of age restrictions or requirements for online purchases, to remove him from their system and waive any fees they had outstanding for him. I got a very nice email apology back from their customer service department, and they have granted my requests. For this mom, BMG Music Service has done the honorable thing in this situation. Thank you BMG Music.

As for my son, he has hopefully learned a lesson and early enough in life not to repeat that mistake. Now, if only I could get him to get a haircut ... LOL!

No comments: