Thursday, December 6, 2007

"Sweeney Todd" in Theaters Dec. 21st & on MySpace now!

Yes, that's right! Only 14 more days before its debut and we are so excited! If you can't wait until the 21st to see the movie, you can visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace and familiarize yourself with the cast of characters and get a glimpse into all of the wicked excitement.

Just two weeks from now Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd is opening in theaters around the country. Rated "R" its not a warm and fuzzy feeling, compassionate film for the entire family to see preceding the holidays, yet it remains to be a highly anticipated performance starring Johnny Depp. In this film he portraits a young man who is arrested, tried, imprisoned, and taken from his family in the prime of his life. When he returns to the place where both he and his family met with misfortune, he plots his revenge against those who took part in making his life life miserable.

There is a lot to be said about the power of revenge, and though many may not agree on whether or not it can have a positive end, oftentimes revenge takes on a life of its own. What more sinister way for this character to carry out his revenge than to lure in his victims under the guise of being a barber? "Welcome, sit right down and relax while I give you the shave of your life. Or shall I say for the life of the shave?"

Do you think you know why he did it? Perhaps you've already figured out what he does with his clients? Why not visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site for a taste of what's to come? Then again, if you enjoy surprises, the rush of fear running through your veins, make sure you go see this movie!

Johnny Depp is sure to be a delight as he sings for the first time in this thriller! See you there; I'll be the one with my hands over my eyes and ear plugs to deafen the scary music. LOL!

2 comments:

I am a lover of children's literature said...

Hi, I just love Johnny Depp, but this is the type of movie that wouldn't interest me. Anything to do with cutting or with knives scares me for personal reasons I won't get into.

I visited about eight different blogs and commercial movie sites after reading your post on this movie to learn more. Frankly, it gives me the creeps. But with Johnny Depp in it, it has got to be very well done.

I love not only Johnny's acting, but the fact that he is a dedicated family man who would rather spend time with his wife and children than go to Hollywood parties, and this is what makes this man a favorite of mine more than anything. I'm a family motivated type of guy more than a movie type of guy.

Great post by the way.

Now thats even better than being a great actor!

goldengoddess said...

Hello, I agree with you about the scare factor in this film. I'm not really sure how I'll fare through the scenes where he is supposed to wield his barber's blade. Not really fond of that sort of thing either.

However I did tell my daughter that before she gets to see this movie that I would have to check it out. She absolutely loves Johnny Depp!

Thanks for the compliment about the post, it means a lot!

Happy holidays to you and your family and best of success in the coming year!